Italian extra virgin olive oil and pumpkin cake – Ombroso recipe
Pumpkin, spices and olive oil go very well together. This winters cake will definitely add some color and a warm feeling in your life. It’s so easy to make and it has no butter.
• 450 gr flour
• 400 gr roasted pumpkin
• 10 gr baking powder
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1 tsp ground ginger
• 0,5 tsp ground nutmeg
• 300 gr brown sugar
• 4 eggs
• 50 gr crushed walnuts
• Icing sugar for decoration
• 300 ml di Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil Ombroso
- Mix sugar with olive oil;
- Add the eggs, pumpkin puree and mix well;
- Add sifted flour, baking powder and spices. Stir until smooth;
- Butter 26 cm diameter tin (you can use a smaller one and make some muffins with the rest of the batter);
- Pour the batter into the tin and bake for 95 mins (26 cm diameter tin), 50 mins (18 cm diameter tin), 30 mins (muffin tins).
N.B. Use a wooden stick to see if the cake is properly cooked.